I have always loved the ocean. That love grew into a marine biology degree, underwater photography, a blog called Ocean Observations, and a growing passion for helping others learn about the amazing animals of the ocean.
This website is a place to share resources for science communicators and people interested in supporting women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers.
For those of you who enjoy cooking, you might like my recipe blog the Dig & Pig.
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me. I am also available as a science writer.
Here are some samples of my writing and my resume.
- Rhode Island NSF EPSCoR website
- The Current – newsmagazine for Rhode Island NSF EPSCoR
- Letter to my younger self
- National NSF EPSCoR Education, Outreach, Diversity Webinar, “Social Media 101 and Your Organization” to 80 participants nation wide, August 2012
- Girls Interested in Real Life Science (GIRLS), Ocean Explorium, March 2012 – presentation on the importance of mentors for women in science and potential science careers to a group of middle school girls
- National EPSCoR Project Directors & Administrators Best Practices Meeting, January 2012 – presentation on how Rhode Island NSF EPSCoR uses social media
- Girls In Science Camp, Save the Bay, July 2010- presentation on my experience as a woman in science to a group of middle school girls